FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I log into the member portal?
How do I log out of the member portal?
- To log out, click the “Sign Out” button on the toolbar located at the top right hand corner of the screen.
I can’t remember my username for the member portal. What do I do?
- Contact the Membership Coordinator at email@example.com for assistance.
I can’t remember my password for the member portal. What do I do?
Go to the Member Login Page and select “Forgot Password?” to reset password. You must provide the email address or username associated with your member profile. Once submitted, an email will be sent to the email address on file and will include a link to the site to reset your password. NOTE: If your account has been suspended for non-payment of membership or your membership has expired, you cannot use the reset password feature. Please contact the Membership Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
How can I change my address or other information?
- Log into the Member Login Page and select “My Profile.” You will be able to change your address there. Make sure to fill out the complete address and include both a work and home address.
I already have a CIES submitter account. Do I still need to become a member?
Yes. All presenters must be members of CIES. You must join CIES if your proposal is accepted and in order to be included in the program. In addition members are eligible to register for the conference at the member rate, which is a significant savings versus the non-member rate. You will also get to enjoy the many other benefits of being a member of CIES throughout the year.
How can I renew my membership through the CIES website?
- You must be signed in to the Member Login Page to renew and pay for membership dues. Go to your membership profile. You will see the message “Renew Your Membership.”
I don’t see “Renew Your Membership” on my membership profile. How do I renew?
- Contact the Membership Coordinator by email at email@example.com or by phone during business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST) at +1 (412) 383-3945.
Is the CIES website secure for credit card transactions?
- Yes. CIES uses a third party to charge credit cards and keeps no record of any credit card details.
How do I obtain a membership receipt?
- A receipt will automatically be sent to you when joining or renewing your membership. Members may also generate their own receipts by logging into their profile and following These steps:
- Log into your member profile at the Member Login Page.
- Select the “Payments and History” tab on the far left of the screen.
- Select “Membership” at the top center of the page.
- Select the dollar bill symbol on the left to view your invoice.
- Print the selected invoice.
Can I cancel my membership during the year and receive a refund?
- All membership fees are non-refundable.
Can I change to different Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- No. You cannot change to different SIGs once your membership is processed. SIG memberships are not transferrable.
May I add SIG memberships at any point in my membership year?
- As a member, you may purchase additional SIG memberships throughout the year. Log in to the Member Login Page, click on the “Join a SIG” tab at the very top of the page, and select the link for the additional group you wish to join.
May I join a SIG without being a member?
- No. Membership to a SIG is a benefit of CIES membership.
COMPARATIVE EDUCATION REVIEW JOURNAL
How do I access the CER online?
- Log into the Membership Login Page, then navigate to the CER page under the menu heading “Our Work.” For any issues or problems related to journal access, please contact the Membership Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEMBERSHIP AND CONFERENCE FINANCE
How do I register for membership and the CIES Conference?
- Membership and conference registration are processed by two separate systems. Members need to enter their information and process payments in each system in order to be completely registered. For information about becoming a member or renewing your membership, click here. For information about registering for the conference, see the Conference website. We recommend using your email address as your username for both the membership and conference systems.
How do I pay via wire transfer?
- Contact email@example.com for information about wire transfers.
How do I access the CER online?
- Organizations are strongly encouraged to use the systems to individually register each member of their group. If your organization is registering more than 10 people, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Can I process a combined registration and membership?
- No. Membership and Conference registration are processed using two separate systems. Please follow the instructions listed above.
I am receiving a credit card payment error. What should I do?
- Contact email@example.com and provide details about the error message. Here are a few common error codes and their meanings:
- Error 2: Invalid tender type. Your merchant bank account does not support the following credit card type that was submitted.
- Error 12: Declined. Check the credit card number and expiration date to make sure they were entered correctly. If those were correct, you must contact your bank and let them know that you want to pay MaestroMeetings in dollars, and they should authorize the transaction. This is a common problem with Brazilian banks.
- Error 23: Invalid account number. Check credit card number and re-submit.
- Error 50: Insufficient funds available in account.
- Error 150: Issuing bank timed out.
- Error 151: Issuing bank unavailable.
I registered for a full conference registration and can only attend one day. Can I switch registrations categories since my plans have changed?
- Yes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Do you offer group discounts?
- Group discounts are not offered. Membership rates are very affordable and offer significant savings on conference registration in addition to the many other benefits of being a member of CIES throughout the year.
How can I make a CIES donation?
- Donations can be made through the main website. Click on the Donation tab in the upper right hand corner.
Do I need to be a CIES member to participate in the CIES Conference?
- Yes. All presenters must be members of CIES. You need to join CIES if your proposal is accepted. Membership is open to everyone. We also encourage all attendees who are not presenting to become members. Members are eligible to register for the conference at the member rate, which is a significant savings versus the non-member rate. You will also get to enjoy the many other benefits of being a member of CIES throughout the year.
What do I do if my question is not on this list?
- Please contact the Membership Coordinator at email@example.com or by calling +1 (412) 383-3935 during business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST) Monday through Friday.