CIES MEMBERS PUBLICATIONS:
▪ Books and Book Chapters:
1. Spirituality, Religion, and Peace Education, edited by Edward J. Brantmeier, Colorado State University,
Jing Lin, University of Maryland and
John P. Miller, University of Toronto. Information Age Publishing, Inc.
2. Sherrod, Lonnie, Torney-Purta, Judith and Flanagan, Constance (2010). Handbook of research on civic engagement in youth. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley and Sons. 24 chapters. Available in hardcopy and on-line.
3. Yamada, Shoko. (Ed.). (2010). Multiple Conceptions of Education for All and EFA Development Goals: The processes of adopting a global agenda in the policies of Kenya, Tanzania, and Ethiopia. VDM Verlag. ISBN: 978-639-24592-9
4. Macleans A. Geo-JaJa, M. and Majhanovich, S. (Eds.). (2010). Education, Language, and Economics: Growing National and Global Dilemmas. Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Sense Publisher.
5. Masemann, V., Majhanovich, S., Truong, N. and Janigan, K. (Eds.). (2010). A Tribute to David N. Wilson: Clamouring for a Better World. Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Sense Publisher.
6. Comp, D. & Merritt, M. (2010, March). Qualitative Standards and Learning Outcomes for Study Abroad. In W.W. Hoffa & S. DePaul (Eds.). A History of US Study Abroad: 1965 to Present. Carlisle, PA: The Forum on Education Abroad/Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad.
7. Stallman, E., Woodruff, G., Kasravi, J., & Comp, D. (2010, March). The Diversification of the Student Profile. In W.W. Hoffa & S. DePaul (Eds.). A History of US Study Abroad: 1965 to Present. Carlisle, PA: The Forum on Education Abroad/Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad.
8. Sakamoto, Robin and Chapman, David W. (Eds.) (2010). Cross-Border Partnerships in Higher Education Strategies and Issues, New York: Routledge.
9. Chapman, David W., Cummings, William and Postiglione, Gerard. (Eds.) (2010). Crossing Borders in East Asian Higher Education, Hong Kong: Comparative Education Research Centre, The University of Hong Kong and Springer. http://www.hku.hk/cerc/Publications/CERC-27.htm.
10. Pampanini, G., Adly, F., & Napier, D. (Eds.). (2010). Interculuralism, Society and education. Rotterdam, Netherlands: Sense Publishers. https://www.sensepublishers.com/files/9789460912498PR.pdf
1. Griffiths, Tom G. (2010). Schooling for twenty-first century socialism: Venezuela’s Bolivarian project. Compare: A Journal of Comparative and International Education, 40(5), 607-622.
2. Sukati, C.W.S., Nokuthula Vilakati and Esampally Chandraiah (2010). HIV/AIDS education: what works for Swaziland University students? Educational Research, Vol. 52, No. 1.
3. Sukati, C.W.S., C.M. Magagula, Esampally Chandraiah, H.S. Simelane and M.M. Sithole. (2010) Conventional Versus Distance Education Revisited: Does Mode Matter? Indian Journal of Open Learning, Vol. 19, No. 1.
4. Baker, D., Leon, J., and J. Collins (2010). “Facts, Attitudes, and Health Reasoning about HIV and AIDS: Explaining the Education Effect on Condom Use among Adults in sub-Saharan Africa.” AIDS and Behavior.
5. Brock-Utne, B. (2010). Research and Policy on the Language of Instruction Issue in Africa. International Journal of Educational Development. 30 pp. 636-645 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijedudev.2010.03.004
6. Peters, E., Baker, D., Deickmann, N., Leon, J., and J. Collins. (in-print). "Explaining the Education Effect on Health: A Field-Study from Ghana." Psychological Science.
7. Cilesiz, S. (2009). Educational computer use in leisure contexts: A phenomenological study of adolescents’ experiences at Internet cafés. American Educational Research Journal, 46(1) 232-274.
8. Edwards Jr., D. Brent. (2010). “A Comparison of Local Empowerment in Education: Porto Alegre, Brazil and Chicago, USA,” Research in International and Comparative Education, 5(2): 176-184.
9. Edwards Jr., D. Brent. (2010). “Critical Pedagogy and Democratic Education: Possibilities for Cross-Pollination,” The Urban Review, 42(3): 221-242.
10. Edwards Jr. D. Brent (2010). “Missing the Point – Rejoinder to Knight and Pearl on the Necessary Cross-Pollination of Critical Pedagogy and Democratic Education, The Urban Review, 42(3): 249-252.
11. Edwards Jr., D. Brent. (2010). “Trends in Governance and Decision-Making: A Democratic Analysis with Attention to Application in Education,” Policy Futures in Education, 8(1): 111-125.
12. Several CIES members published articles on the volume 53(4) on the Society for International Development journal, Development, theme: "Education for Transformation."
Abrams, Dani. Connecting Diverse Cultures: A Video Guide for A New Day and Be Who You
A companion to our refugee families and youth To learn
more, click here:http://www.cal.org/resources/pubs/refugee-families-and-refugee-youth-videos-and-companion-facilitator's-guide.html.